Received speed is lower than contracted when using a router with one band (Radio 0) Master and Client mode

 Hello everyone, receive a warm greeting, I hope you can help me with a problem that I will begin to describe:

These are the equipment used during the tests and I include one that is unknown to me and that is the reason for publishing my problem, because I require an advice from you about which router to buy.

---


ONT EchoLife HG8145V5 (Equipment provided and controlled by my Totalplay ISP).

(2.4 & 5) GHz

https://e.huawei.com/en/products/enterprise-transmission-access/access/onu/echolife-eg8145v5

---


Model: TP-Link TL-WR940N v6

Architecture: Qualcomm Atheros TP9343 rev 0

Firmware Version: OpenWrt 18.06.9 r8077-7cbbab7246 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-20.319.49209-ab22243)

Kernel Version: 4.9.243

This is the ONLY device with OpenWRT firmware.

2.4 GHz

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr940n/


---


Tenda n301

2.4 GHz

https://www.tendacn.com/product/specification/N301.html
---


Huawei Mate 20 lite

(2.4 & 5)GHz

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/mate20-lite/specs/


---



Compaq Presario C766la Notebook PC

2.4 GHz


https://icecat.biz/p/hp/fg851la/notebooks-0884420068105-compaq+presario+c766la-1985138.html

---


This is the router that I want you to recommend.

Dual Band

In the event that what I request is possible, recommend a model that can support the new versions of OpenWRT.

---
I have done several speed tests using different combinations / configurations to implement an isolated WIFI network called “Casa”.

I must start by saying that I have the TotalPlay (Mexico) service with a contracted and real speed of 20 Mbps. For a matter of WIFI coverage and separation of gadgets in different networks I have implemented a tp-link router with the OpenWRT firmware that emits your own private network called “Casa”.

Between the ONT and the tp-link router there are two walls which do not represent a communication and detection problem between both devices.
But if I wanted to use the ONT to set up an isolated WIFI network.
The coverage would not reach all the gadgets in the house.

In the following examples I have put a download of 8.2 Mbps obviously in the tests this value is varied but always close to that amount.
I will handle this value in a homologated way so that it can coincide with the images that I have edited with great effort so that the problem can be visually understood more clearly.

This is the router signal monitor with OpenWRT firmware.



Here the OpenWRT configuration in client mode.



THE TESTS I HAVE PERFORMED


Putting the tp-link router in client and master mode, I get a WIFI speed of 8.2 Mbps both on Smartphone.



As also in Notebook.



The funny thing is that connecting a network cable from the Notebook to the tp-link router.
If I get the 20 Mbps download.
So physically if 20 Mbps reaches the tp-link router.
For some reason, because of WIFI, the same does not happen because perhaps the tp-link router is using the same network interface (radio 0) to receive and send packets and there you have that problem (This is just my guess).



To rule out any problem related to the hardware and software (OpenWRT) of the tp-link router.
I have done the same three tests using a Tenda N301 router with its factory firmware.
In the 3 tests (2 WIFI and 1 wired) Obtaining the same results.

Test using a smartphone: 8.2 Mbps download.



Test using a Notebook via WIFI: 8.2 Mbps download.



Try using a network cable connected from the Notebook to the router tenda: 20 Mbps download.



I could detect that by cable if it gives me the speed of 20 Mbps I did the following network scheme:

I disabled the network called "Casa" of the tp-link router so that "radio 0" is only in client mode and by cable I connected the tenda router and this I put it to emit only a WIFI network.
Both in AP mode and in router mode.

I tested it on different channels to broadcast so that it did not conflict with the channel communication between the ONT and the tp-link router.

The result was unsatisfactory because it gave me very low download values, such as 8.2 Mbps.

Both using a Notebook.



As well as using a smartphone: 8.2 Mbps


WHAT I WANT TO HAVE (I WANT TO BE TOLD ME IF THIS IS POSSIBLE AND WITH WHAT ROUTER CAN I ACHIEVE IT?).






This is where I require your advice.
If I buy a router compatible with OpenWRT and that it has two network interfaces: radio 0 and radio 1, will I be able to get the 20 Mbps download?

I don't know if there is a router whose two interfaces work on the same frequency (2.4 GHz).
What I have read is that there are routers with two bands and each band works at different frequencies 2.4 Ghz and 5 GHz.

This new router can have the following 2 combinations of frequencies.

Radio 0: 2.4 GHz | Radio 1: 2.4 Ghz

Radio 0: 5 GHz | Radio 1: 2.4 GHz

I require that for the network called "Casa" it is broadcast on a frequency of 2.4 GHz because I have several gadgets that only work in 2.4 GHz. For example:



 

 

 

 

 

https://www.steren.com.mx/apagador-wi-fi-triple.html


 
Here is the list of my devices in the “Casa” network (Most of them are WIFI switches).



Thank you in advance for your attention.





















Comentarios